Weapon Skins is a feature that allows Adventurers to change the appearance of their equipped weapon. It was added in version 1.14.0.
During quests, an Adventurer may equip a skin over their weapon, giving it the appearance of another weapon. The stats, skills, and abilities of the "real" weapon remain unchanged - for all intents and purposes, this is purely a cosmetic feature.
On the teams screen and in co-op rooms, units with an equipped weapon skin will have a blue eye icon displayed next to them. Tapping a unit in either place will then show the name of the "real" weapon in the unit's summary page.
Weapon skins can be disabled from view in co-op rooms by going to More → Options → Game → Weapon Skin Display Settings
Unlocking a Weapon Skin
There are three methods for unlocking skins:
- For playable weapons that actually have stats and such, their skin is unlocked upon obtaining that weapon.
- For weapons that only exist as skins, they are usually unlocked when unbinding a playable weapon. The skins available will vary by weapon, but will usually match the upgraded weapon's type and element. For example, unbinding a Flame Sword may unlock some other Flame Sword skins.
- Special skins may be available as rewards from events.
A running count of the total available skins can be found below. Note that these counters include both playable weapons and skin-only weapons:
Equipping a Weapon Skin
To equip a weapon skin, go to the teams menu, tap an adventurer's equipped weapon, and then tap the "Weapon Skins" button in the bottom-right to select a skin. Note that skins can only mask weapons of the same weapon type: for example, a lance can be masked by another lance, but a lance cannot be masked by a wand.
Swapping the "real" weapon to a different one will instantly unequip whichever skin was currently in use.
As a result of the weapon system overhaul in Version 2.0, many weapons now only exist as skins. Many weapon skins have been added since Version 2.0 as well.
Weapons that appear in adventurer portrait art
Several obtainable weapons are wielded by adventurers in their portrait art:
|Celliera||Sword of Perseverance (Skin)|
|Gala Mascula||Azure Resolve (Skin)|
|Gala Zethia||Final Resistance (Skin)|
|Ieyasu||Sohaya no Tsurugi (Skin)|
|Alex||Assassin's Knife (Skin)|
|Dragonyule Cleo||Wishing Knife (Skin)|
|Ezelith||Dazzling Star (Skin)|
|Gala Notte||Faerie's Wish (Skin)|
|Joker||Silver Dagger (Skin)|
|Gala Elisanne||Divine Force (Skin)|
|Linus||Flash Axe (Skin)|
|Shingen||Victor's Harmony (Skin)|
|Grimnir||Last Storm Lance (Skin)|
|Halloween Elisanne||Jack-o'-Lance (Skin)|
|Xuan Zang||Khakkhara Lance (Skin)|
|Eleonora||Proof of the Wind (Skin)|
|Hawk||Raptor's Beak (Skin)|
|Louise||Eternal Bloom (Skin)|
|Althemia||Sorcerer's Cudgel (Skin)|
|Dragonyule Xander||Ringing Wand (Skin)|
|Gala Cleo||Memento Futurum (Skin)|
|Kleimann||Grim Apparatus (Skin)|
|Lily||Crystalian Protector (Skin)|
|Xania||Menace of the Storm (Skin)|
|Halloween Althemia||Vampire's Lantern (Skin)|
|Hope||Staff of Grace|
|Ricardt||Staff of Affection|
|Sophie||Staff of Life|
|Thaniel||Marine Staff (Skin)|
|Zena||Fate's Fulcrum (Skin)|
|Cecile||Worthless Shot (Skin)|
|Ilia||Magnum Opus (Skin)|
|Sharpshooter Sarisse||Alliance Trigger (Skin)|
Adventurers that cannot use Weapon Skins
A few adventurers have weapon-skin-like effects on their weapons by default. Due to this, they are not eligible to use the Weapon Skin feature at all - the button in the teams menu doesn't appear.
- During the Walkies quest of the Wagabond Pupper event, all adventurers who are eligible for weapon skins will instead carry a small shovel. Adventurers that cannot use weapon skins will still carry their usual built-in skin. For example, Veronica will still hold her tome.
- While it does not appear in her portrait art, the Replica Machine Gun (Skin) is used by Panther in her force strike animation.
- Gala Gatov is unable to equip his dual swords, as he wields an axe.
- When the skin was first released, Zena's wand was implemented as a staff skin, making Zena unable to equip it. This was an error, and the skin will be corrected to be a wand skin.
- The following adventurers are unable to use weapon skins, however their weapons are available separately as skins that other adventurers can use:
- The following weapons do not appear in any adventurer's portrait art, however their owners can be inferred based on their name and design:
- Howl of the Hungry Beast (Skin) is wielded by the enemy Volk, but he is not a playable adventurer.
- When adventurers are fought as enemies, or when they appear in 3D cutscenes, they will often use core 5 non-elemental weapons.