Collaborative guides are edited by the general community based on a general focus and are works of opinion. Please use the Discord if major changes are required.page or the
- For a list of weapons, see Weapon List instead.
Weapons are craftable pieces of gear that can grant additional stats, skills, and abilities, as well as equip slots for Wyrmprints. The current iteration of the system was introduced in Version 2.0.
Weapons have several attributes:
- HP & Strength - Weapons will add their HP and Strength values to the base stats of the adventurer that equips them. If the adventurer and weapon's elements match, the stats of the weapon are multiplied by x1.5.
- Skill - Some weapons will have a skill that can be used in place of a Shared Skill during combat. This skill is usually only available to adventurers that match the weapon's element.
- Abilities - Some weapons will come with one or more abilities. Similar to a skill, these abilities are usually only available to adventurers that match the weapon's element.
- Slots - These are slots that Wyrmprints can be equipped into. The amount and types of slots will vary by weapon (more details can be found in the "Upgrading Weapons" section below).
The primary way to obtain weapons is through crafting. This is done in the Upgrade menu, which is unlocked after clearing Chapter 2: 6-2 "New Power" in the Main Campaign. From here, materials collected from quests can be used to create weapons. Weapons are divided into one of 6 Weapon Groups: Core, Void, Chimeratech, High Dragon, Agito, and Other.
The kinds of weapons that can be crafted is dependent on the level of the Smithy facility in the Castle Grounds:
|Weapon Unlock||Smithy Level Required|
|5 Core (non-elemental)||5|
|5 Core (elemental)||6|
Some weapons require crafting specific other weapons in order to unlock them:
|Weapon Unlock||Unlock Requirements|
|4 Core||Fully-Upgraded 3 Core of the same weapon type|
(example: fully-upgraded 3 sword unlocks 4 sword)
|5 Core (non-elemental)||Fully-Upgraded 4 Core of the same weapon type|
|5 Core (elemental)||Fully-Upgraded 5 Core (non-elemental) of the same weapon type|
|High Dragon||Void of the same weapon type and element|
(example: Flame Sword Void unlocks Flame Sword High Dragon)
|6 Agito||Chimeratech of the same weapon type and element|
Once a weapon has been crafted, it is permanently added to the player's inventory. The weapon's crafting button in the upgrade menu will then change to offer several upgrade options, as detailed below.
HP & Strength
As the name might imply, upgrading HP & Strength increases the stats of the weapon.
There is a maximum amount of upgrades allowed, depending on the rarity of a weapon and the amount of unbinds it currently has:
Upgrading a weapon costs Whetstones, with the type and amount needed varying by the weapon's rarity and current upgrade count.
|1 - 10||x1||x1||x2||x5|| x5|
|11 - 20||-||x1||x2||x5|| x5|
|21 - 30||-||-||x2||x5|| x5|
|31 - 40||-||-||-||x5|| x5|
|41 - 50||-||-||-||x5|| x5|
|51 - 60||-||-||-|| x5
|61 - 70||-||-||-|| x5
|71 - 80||-||-||-||-|| x1|
|81 - 90||-||-||-||-|| x6|
Unbinds will increase a weapon's upgrade cap (as described above), and may also:
- Unlock Weapon Skins of the same weapon type and element (example: unbinding a Flame Sword may unlock other Flame Sword skins)
- Increase Skill level at 4 unbinds
- Increase Skill level at 8 unbinds (only on refined High Dragon weapons)
All weapons initially have access to up to 4 unbinds. If a weapon is refined, it is possible to access up to 8 or 9 unbinds instead.
Refining increases the maximum unbinds for a weapon:
- The 1st refine will increase max unbinds from 4 to 8.
- The 2nd refine will increase max unbinds from 8 to 9.
Refining may also:
- Evolve the weapon's skill into a different skill (only on High Dragon weapons).
- Add new abilities to the weapon (only on Agito weapons).
- Evolve the weapon's abilities into new abilities (only on Chimeratech weapons).
Eligibility for refining depends on a weapon's group, as follows:
|Weapon Group||1st Refine||2nd Refine|
Unlocking an additional slot will increase the amount of wyrmprints that can be equipped to a weapon. Slots are divided into 3 types:
- Gold slots, which can only hold 5 wyrmprints
- Blue slots, which can only hold 4 or 3 wyrmprints.
- Green slots, which can only hold wyrmprints from Rise of the Sinister Dominion.
The amount and type of available slots varies by weapon rarity:
Void weapons have an option to unlock Weapon Abilities. Once an ability is unlocked, it is permanently applied to all adventurers with the same weapon type + element combination. For example, unlocking (Shadow) High Jupiter's Bane on a Shadow Wand will unlock the ability for all Shadow-attuned Wand-wielding adventurers.
- This is still applied even if the adventurer wields a mismatched-element weapon. For example: Zena, a Shadow-attuned Wand-wielding adventurer, will have access to the (Shadow) High Jupiter's Bane we unlocked, even if she were to equip a Flame Wand instead.
Some abilities will also unlock a weapon skin as a bonus.
The abilities available to be unlocked will vary by weapon element, and the current unbinds on the Void weapon.
- Manacasters do not have Void weapons, so their abilities are located on Core weapons instead. However, these abilities still require Void weapon materials. Due to the lower amount of unbinds possible on Core weapons, the amount of unbinds necessary is decreased for several abilities.
- 0 Void Unbinds → 0 Core Unbinds
- 1 Void Unbind → 1 Core Unbind
- 2 Void Unbinds → 1 Core Unbind
- 3 Void Unbinds → 2 Core Unbinds
- 5 Void Unbinds → 3 Core Unbinds
- 6 Void Unbinds → 4 Core Unbinds
|Spectral Shield Penetrator||2||2||2|
|Soul Eater Res||2||2||2|
|Dragon Delay Res||5||5|
|Skill Resistance Penetrator||5||5|
|Scorching Air Res||5|
|High Dragon's Bane||6||6||6||6||6|
If a weapon has been unbound enough times, it is possible to unlock additional copies of it. Unlocking copies allows the same weapon to be used on multiple adventurers in a team. Any upgrades applied to the weapon will be cloned across all of its copies. For example, if a weapon is upgraded 50 times, then all of its copies will also be upgraded 50 times.
The amount of unbinds needed to be eligible for copies varies by weapon group:
|Weapon Group||Unbinds needed|
- Note: Mega Man series weapons are not eligible for copies.
If a weapon has been unbound enough times, it is possible to unlock a Weapon Bonus. This is a passive stat boost that applies to all adventurers that use the matching weapon type, even if they don't equip the specific weapon that was upgraded, or match the weapon's element. For example, unlocking a Weapon Bonus on a Flame Lance will apply that bonus to all Lance adventurers, even if they never equip this exact lance.
As a comparison, Weapon Bonus works identically to a stat-boosting effect from a Dojo facility.
The amount of unbinds needed to be eligible for a Weapon Bonus, as well as the intensity of the bonus, varies by weapon group:
|Weapon Group||Unbinds needed||HP Bonus||Str Bonus|
|Core (elemental)||4 (max)||+0.5%||+0.5%|
The current maximum possible weapon bonuses are as follows:
- Manacaster's max value is lower than other weapon types, since no Void Manacasters currently exist.
|Weapon Type||HP Bonus||Str Bonus|
|All other weapon types||+22.5%||+22.5%|