Overdamage is a buff that adds an extra damaging hit to all hits of an affected adventurer's attacks. This includes standard attacks, force strikes, and skills.
Essentially, Overdamage doubles the combo count of all actions, but the extra hits deal relatively-small amounts of damage.
Ability and Skill Interaction
Overdamage counts towards skills, abilities and chain co-abilities that count the number of hits dealt by certain skills. For example:
- Nadine's Snappy SelfieLv. 3: Deals 1 hit of 1315.2% flame damage to enemies directly ahead, inflicts burn for 12 seconds - dealing 97% flame damage every 3.9 seconds - with 120% chance, and dispels one buff from each target. If the Trendsetting Photographer status effect is active enemies will instead take 3 hits of 438.4% flame damage. Any allies (including Nadine herself) in the skill's area of effect will increase the hit count by 1 (but no additional damage will be dealt).
If this skill deals three hits, it will also raise the user's energy level by one stage and deal 1 bonus hit of 164% flame damage.
If this skill deals four or five hits, it will also raise the user's energy level by three stages and deal 1 bonus hit of 329% flame damage.
If this skill deals six or more hits, it will energize the user and deal 1 bonus hit of 575% flame damage. [3036 SP] will count both the skill's regular hits and the Overdamage hits when determining the bonus effect of the skill.
- Ezelith's Flash of GeniusLv. 1: Increases the chances of inflicting debuffs by 20% when the combo count is 15 or higher, and increases the user's critical rate by 20% for seven seconds every time two hits of Howling Meteor connect with an enemy. ability will count both the regular hits of Howling MeteorLv. 4: Deals 10 hits of 63% and 1 hit of 600% flame damage to enemies directly ahead. Movement is possible during the attack. [2400 SP] and the Overdamage hits it generates towards satisfying its condition.
- Overdamage hits also contribute to the combo counter, which in turn affects abilities such as Flurry Strength.
This is the general formula to calculate the overdamage. It is also used in the regular damage formula to replace all player sided parts.
- Overdamage is non-elemental and does not benefit from buffs, abilities, shapeshifting, punishers or killers on the buff receiver. However, it does consider the buffs of the caster at the time the snapshot is taken.
- Overdamage is not subject to normal damage's 5% variance higher or lower than the expected value. Given the same strength value + damage modifier combination, Overdamage will deal the same amount of damage every time.
- Overdamage is not affected by attenuation (decaying damage per hit) such as on Hunter Sarisse's unique force strike. It will do Overdamage based on the full modifier on each hit.
- Overdamage will never deal critical hits, and will never heal the user.
- Overdamage does not deal damage to the Overdrive gauge.
- Only one Overdamage buff can be active at a time - it cannot stack. If another Overdamage buff is cast, the more-potent effect will be retained.
- If the effects have the same potency, then the effect with the longer duration is used.
- If the potency and duration are both the same, then the newer effect is used.
Skills with Overdamage
|Name||Adventurers with Skill||Weapons with Skill||Dragons with Skill|
|Akashic ReposeLv. 4: Restores HP to all allies with 44% Recovery Potency, continues healing over the next 15 seconds with 35% Recovery Potency every 2.9 seconds, increases the entire team's strength by 15% for 60 seconds and grants them overdamage based on 50% of the user's strength for 30 seconds. This strength increase and overdamage will not stack. [5916 SP]||-||-|
| Angelic PraiseLv. 3: Consumes one level of the user's skill reservoir, restores HP to all teammates with 80% Recovery Potency, continues gradually healing over the next 15 seconds with 20% Recovery Potency every 2.9 seconds, and activates additional effects based on which of the following buffs the user has:
Coordination Protocol: Grants overdamage to the entire team based on 40% of the user's strength for 30 seconds. This overdamage will not stack.
Concentration Protocol: Grants the user the "Rapid Analysis" effect. This effect stacks up to 3 times.
If this skill is used while shapeshifted, a variant called Celestial Skewer will be used instead. Celestial Skewer costs 3940 SP instead, deals 2 hits of 1329% water damage to surrounding enemies and, if the user has Rapid Analysis, consumes one Rapid Analysis stack, then restores HP to all teammates with 60% Recovery Potency and immediately readies this skill for use.
If this skill is used as a Helper Skill or Shared Skill, it restores HP to all teammates with 80% Recovery Potency, continues gradually healing over the next 15 seconds with 20% Recovery Potency every 2.9 seconds, and grants overdamage based on 40% of the user's strength for 30 seconds. This overdamage will not stack. [3450 SP]
|Crystalline MagicLv. 3: Restores HP to all teammates with 87% Recovery Potency, grants them the "Crystalline Power" effect for 30 seconds, and increases their strength by 15% for 60 seconds. Crystalline Power grants overdamage based on 40% of the user's strength, and this skill's strength increase effect will not stack. [7734 SP]||-||-|
|Everlasting SummerLv. 4: Restores HP to all allies with 44% Recovery Potency, removes blindness, and continues healing for 15 seconds with 35% Recovery Potency every 2.9 seconds. Also, increases the entire team's strength by 8% for 60 seconds (does not stack), grants all teammates a one-use shield that nullifies damage up to 30% of their maximum HP, and grants them overdamage for 30 seconds. The overdamage is based on 50% of the user's strength, and does not stack. [5916 SP]||-||-|
|Goldfish of the HereafterLv. 4: Restores HP to all teammates with 100% Recovery Potency, and grants all teammates a one-use shield that nullifies damage less than 20% of the user's maximum HP, and the "Fluorescent Fish" effect for 30 seconds. Fluorescent Fish grants overdamage based on 50% of the user's strength. [7734 SP]||-||-|
|Vivifying StarLv. 3: Restores HP to all teammates with 87% Recovery Potency, and grants them the "Shikigami Enchantment" effect for 30 seconds. Shikigami Enchantment grants overdamage based on 30% of the user's strength. [7734 SP]||-||-|
Abilities with Overdamage
|Name||Might Value||Adventurers with Ability||Wyrmprints with Ability||Dragons with Ability||Weapons with Ability|
|15 Hits = Overdamage||100||-||-||-|
|20 Hits = Overdamage||80||-||-||-|