Draconic Essences are items that can be redeemed for unbinds on certain 5 dragons. They were added in version 1.22.1.
Draconic Essences can be obtained from Main Campaign quests, and in general are a more-accessible way to obtain unbinds on eligible 5 dragons. The dragons that have essences available tend to be older and often overshadowed by newer dragons within their element.
Note that Essences will help with unbinding a dragon, but will not assist with actually obtaining that dragon in the first place. For instance, Leviathan's Essence can add unbinds to Leviathan, but the player's first copy of Leviathan must be summoned.
Obtaining Draconic Essences
Draconic Essences are available from specific quests in the Main Campaign on Hard and Very Hard difficulty.
- The Hard and Very Hard difficulties of each applicable quest can reward up to 3 essences per day, for a total of 6 essences if both difficulties are played.
- Completing an applicable quest will always reward 1 Draconic Essence if the daily limit has not yet been reached. Essences are affected by 2x drop events, effectively raising the daily limit to 12 essences. Essences are also affected by 3x drop events, effectively raising the daily limit to 18 essences.
- 50 Essences are needed to unbind an applicable dragon once. This means that (assuming all essences are obtained each day) farming a single unbind will take 9 days, and farming 4 unbinds will take 34 days. Day counts for different unbind amounts' worth of essences are listed in the table below:
|Drop modifier||1 unbind
(50 essences total)
(100 essences total)
(150 essences total)
(200 essences total)
(250 essences total)
|1x drops||9 days||17 days||25 days||34 days||42 days|
|2x drops||5 days||9 days||13 days||17 days||21 days|
|3x drops||3 days||6 days||9 days||12 days||14 days|
Note: 3x drops is currently only tied to 3rd Anniversary events.
To view the locations of each essence, tap the "Draconic Essences" icon in the Main Campaign menu, tap an essence, and then tap "How to Obtain". Alternatively, the locations for all essences are listed below:
Using Draconic Essences to Unbind
In the Unbinding menu under Upgrade → Dragons → Unbind, Draconic Essences can substitute for a Sunlight Stone or duplicate copy of their matching dragon. 50 essences are needed for one unbind on the relevant dragon.
Essences cannot be applied unless the dragon matches the essence, and enough essences are in the player's inventory.
List of Draconic Essences eligible Dragons
The following dragons currently have access to Draconic Essences.
By using Draconic Essences or Sunlight Stones, certain dragons can be unbound a 5th time to further upgrade their abilities and raise their level cap. However, the dragon's skill will not be upgraded.
- Please note that duplicates of a dragon cannot be used to unlock the 5th unbind.
- Essence-eligible dragons require 50 of their essences for the 5th unbind.
- The 5 High Dragons require 120 of their greatspheres for the 5th unbind.
- Note that the first 4 unbinds on High Dragons still require duplicates or Sunlight Stones. Only the 5th unbind allows greatspheres.
List of 5th Unbind eligible Dragons
The following dragons currently have access to the 5th unbind.
Draconic Essence Release History
The following is a history of when new Draconic Essences have been released over time:
|April 25, 2022||
|March 26, 2022||
|February 28, 2022||
|January 25, 2022||
|December 24, 2021||
|November 26, 2021||
|October 28, 2021||
|September 27, 2021||
|June 21, 2021||
|April 22, 2021||
|February 18, 2021||
|December 18, 2020||
|October 22, 2020||
|August 18, 2020||
|July 28, 2020||