Co-abilities are abilities that all adventurers have that are applied to the entire team. These abilities can be upgraded in each adventurer's mana circles.
The initial intensity of a Co-ability will start at different amounts depending on the adventurer's base rarity.
- For instance, a 3 Taro will start with a 1% strength co-ability, while a 5 Ieyasu will start with a 5% strength co-ability.
- Co-abilities can be upgraded in the 5th floor of the Mana Circle, and once fully upgraded, all co-abilities will have the same intensity. For example, a fully-upgraded Taro and a fully-upgraded Ieyasu will both have a 10% strength co-ability.
In the event that two adventurers with the same co-ability are on the same team, only the more powerful of the two will be activated.
For example, if an adventurer with a co-ability that provides +10% defense and an adventurer with a co-ability that provides +5% defense are on the same team, the team will receive +10% defense.
When playing co-op, only the co-abilities of the adventurers in your team will affect your team; the co-abilities of adventurers in other players' teams will not affect you.
The co-abilities of adventurers in your team will affect your entire team, regardless of whether they actually participate in a quest (such as when playing co-op).
- For example, if you bring a 4-adventurer team into a co-op quest that only allows 1 adventurer per player, the first adventurer will enter while the latter 3 will not enter.
- This "backline" of 3 adventurers will contribute their co-abilities to the adventurer that actually enters the quest.
Passives and Buffs
All co-abilities are NOT classified as buffs. Therefore:
- Co-abilities will NOT generate a buff icon above the player's skills.
- Co-abilities will NOT count toward skills that count buffs (such as Karina's Raging Tide).
- Co-abilities are immune to nullification by the debuff Curse of Nihility.
Co-abilities are NOT classified as passives either - in the Damage Formula, co-abilities are in their own bracket, meaning they are multiplicative with passive and buff effects.
Most co-abilities are assigned according to an adventurer's weapon type.
|Dragon Haste +15%||Sword|
|Critical Rate +10%||Dagger|
|Skill Haste +15%||Bow|
|Skill Damage +15%||Wand|
|Recovery Potency +20%||Staff|
|Gauge Accelerator +20%||Manacaster|
Certain adventurers have co-abilities that are not typical for their weapon type.
|Icon||Name||Adventurers with Co-ability|
|HP & Defense|
|Overdrive Punisher & Gauge Accelerator|
|Standard Attack Damage|
|Reduced Strength & Defense Punisher|
|HP on Revival|