Burst Gambit is a special type of debuff that has a counter. Once a gambit has been applied, the counter is decremented by one every time that enemy is successfully afflicted or debuffed.
When a Burst Gambit's counter reaches zero, the gambit's effect is activated (varies by gambit), and the gambit will be consumed.
- Burst Gambits do NOT become removed automatically by the passage of time.
- Burst Gambit effects do NOT activate if an enemy forcibly cleanses the gambit debuff off of itself.
- Only one Burst Gambit may be active at a time (except in raid battles).
- In raid battles, up to 4 burst gambits may be active, one from each player's team. However, each player can only see and decrement their own gambits.
- Burst Gambits cannot be applied to enemies that require depleting a hit counter to defeat (example: Legend Ciella's bubbles).
- If a Burst Gambit fails to be applied (enemy is immune to debuffs, enemy uses hit count, etc), the text RESIST will be displayed in green.
Decrementing the counter
- The counter will only decrement if the affliction or debuff applied was actually successful.
- If the enemy already has a burst gambit on them, attempting to apply another (whether the same gambit or otherwise) will decrement the current gambit's counter by one.
- Single debuffs that have multiple effects (Example: Uriel's Wrath Lv3 from Faris) will only decrement the counter once per application.
- When an adventurer uses a skill or effect to decrement the counter, that adventurer will go on cooldown, such that they cannot use that same effect to decrement the counter again for 2 seconds.
- Example: Suppose we have Valentine's Hildegarde and Faris, each with Free-Spirited Opera equipped.
- If VHilde debuffs strength with standard attacks, then she will go on cooldown, but Faris can still decrement the counter by debuffing strength with his standard attacks. They are using the same effect (Free-Spirited Opera's ability), but they are different adventurers, so the cooldowns are separate.
- If VHilde debuffs strength with her force strike, it will decrement the counter and go on cooldown. However, if she then debuffs strength by using standard attacks, that will also decrement the counter and use a separate cooldown. The same adventurer is performing both actions, but they are different effects ( Rosy Saint and Free-Spirited Opera), so the cooldowns are separate.
- Reducing Burst Gambit counters with afflictions or by applying more burst gambits will NOT have a cooldown.
When the gambit activates (counter reaches zero)
- Burst Gambits that deal damage will "snapshot" the applying unit's stats at the time the gambit was initially cast.
- Burst Gambits that heal will use the applying unit's stats at the time the gambit activates (when the counter reaches zero).
- Energy and Inspiration do NOT affect Burst Gambits.
- After a Burst Gambit's effect has activated, the enemy will be temporarily immune to all burst gambit applications for 5 seconds.
- In raids, this cooldown is managed for every player separately.
- The color of a Burst Gambit's scroll icon indicates the type of effect when its counter reaches zero:
- Orange is an attack
- Green is healing
- Blue is a buff
Skills that apply Burst Gambits
|Name||Adventurers with Skill||Weapons with Skill||Dragons with Skill|
| Amaterasu BlastLv. 3: Deals 3 hits of 440% wind damage to enemies directly ahead and applies a burst gambit called "Amaterasu's Restorative Burst." (Burst Gambit Counter: 5)
If this skill is used during dragondrive, a variant called Eight-span Blast will be used instead. Eight-span Blast deals 5 hits of 440% wind damage, applies Amaterasu's Restorative Burst, and inflicts bleeding for 30 seconds - dealing 146% wind damage every 4.9 seconds - with 80% base chance.
When Amaterasu's Restorative Burst is activated, it will restore HP to all teammates with 63% Recovery Potency. [3380 SP]
| Divine TempestLv. 2: Deals 2 hits of 752% wind damage to surrounding enemies, applies a burst gambit called "Amaterasu's Resilient Burst," (Burst Gambit Counter: 3) and fills the user's dragondrive gauge by 1000 UTP.
If this skill is used during dragondrive, a variant called Eight-span Tempest will be used instead. Eight-span Tempest deals 2 hits of 752% and 1 hit of 1225% wind damage to surrounding enemies, apply Amaterasu's Resilient Burst, and inflict poison for 15 seconds - dealing 58.2% wind damage every 2.9 seconds - with 120% chance and stormlash for 21 seconds - dealing 31% wind damage every 2.9 seconds - with 110% chance.
When Amaterasu's Resilient Burst is activated, it will increase the entire team's water resistance by 10% for 45 seconds. This increase does not stack. [6710 SP]
| FurinkazanLv. 3: Begins preparing a powerful attack, after which this skill will deal 1 hit of 1600% wind damage to surrounding enemies, apply a burst gambit called "Tiger's Burst," (Gambit Counter: 30) and inflict stormlash for 21 seconds - dealing 41% wind damage every 2.9 seconds - with 120% chance. Continually tapping the screen while preparing this attack will result in dealing additional hits of 800% wind damage for each tap, up to the total number of Veteran's Mettle stacks the user currently has. The user will be immune to knockback while preparing this skill's attack as well as when executing it.
First additional hit: Reduces the strength of enemies by 10% for 30 seconds. This strength reduction does not stack.
Second additional hit: Inflicts scorchrend for 21 seconds - dealing 41.6% wind damage every 2.9 seconds - with 120% chance.
Third additional hit: Restores HP with 35% Recovery Potency, grants the user immunity to knockback for 10 seconds, consumes all stacks of Veteran's Mettle, and the user will be granted the "Battle Fervor" effect for 30 seconds.
If this skill is used while the user has Battle Fervor, the screen can be tapped for up to 3 additional hits without having or consuming Veteran's Mettle, but it will not grant Battle Fervor.
When Tiger's Burst is activated, it will restore HP to all teammates with 140% Recovery Potency.
If this skill is used as a Shared Skill, it removes the Veteran's Mettle limit and does not grant Battle Fervor. [2040 SP]
| Monkey OverdriveLv. 3: Deals 1 hit of 1348% shadow damage to surrounding enemies and activates "Skill Shift" if the attack connects. Phase II deals 1 hit of 1722% shadow damage and increases the skill's area of effect, while Phase III deals 2 hits of 987% shadow damage, increases its area of effect even more and unleashes the user's fighting spirit. The user will be immune to knockback during this attack.
If this skill is used after the user's fighting spirit has been unleashed, a variant called Monkey-Tiger Wrath will be used instead. Monkey-Tiger Wrath costs 2980 SP, deals 4 hits of 375% shadow damage to enemies directly ahead and applies a burst gambit called "Monkey's Burst" (Gambit Counter: 15). Tapping the screen a set number of times during the attack will power up its 5th hit:
0-4 taps: 1 hit of 375% shadow damage, and applies Monkey's Burst again.
5 taps: 1 hit of 584% shadow damage, applies Monkey's Burst again, and fills the skill gauge for Monkey-Tiger Chaos by 15%.
When Monkey's Burst is activated, it will deal 1 hit of 4300% shadow damage to the affected target and nearby enemies within a range of 4. [7800 SP]